newbie question Whitfield Advantage II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pamela010257

Jul 2, 2009
Maryland
How high should our flame be?
With heat output on 3 and the blower on 4, our flame fits the top of the stove.
With heat output on 2 and the blower on 4, the flame is in the middle of the stove.

Should the flame ever hit the top of the stove?

Pam

Pam, my stove is not the same as yours, but my flame when running med/high will flucuate. Sometimes a high flame sometimes low just above the burn pot. But mostly it is a flame about 6-8" high. I know it's not much help, but at least it puts you at the top of the thread again, where the smart guys will chime in.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

pamela0102 said:
How high should our flame be?
With heat output on 3 and the blower on 4, our flame fits the top of the stove.
With heat output on 2 and the blower on 4, the flame is in the middle of the stove.

Should the flame ever hit the top of the stove?

Pam

Pam, I think a more important thing to consider is what color is the flame, and is it active or "lazy"? A tall, lazy flame that's mostly orange with blackish tips is not good.

What your looking to get is a smaller, bright yellow flame that is very active, and may even have some blue right at the base. That is a hot flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.