Newbie to Wood Stove Setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Drew2021

Feb 1, 2019
VA
Hello, I am a first time home owner, and looking for assistance with installing a wood stove in my basement. The stove I have is an Englander 15-SSW01 for 1800 square feet. My floor is concrete, my basement walls are poured concrete. I have no chimney. I'm hoping to do all of the install work myself, for as cheaply as possible. My plan is to go through the concrete wall to the exterior, and run triple insulated piping up the side of the house. Are there any special considerations I should make when performing the install? I know the roof clearance code and I have no other obstructions or combustibles nearby the stove or the chimney. How close can I run the pipe to the siding on the house if it is triple insulated? Any idea what parts/kits I should order and where to get them for a good price?

Thanks in advance! I'm sure I'll have more trouble shooting questions to come as I learn how to efficiently operate my stove!

Drew

Hello, I am a first time home owner, and looking for assistance with installing a wood stove in my basement. The stove I have is an Englander 15-SSW01 for 1800 square feet. My floor is concrete, my basement walls are poured concrete. I have no chimney. I'm hoping to do all of the install work myself, for as cheaply as possible. My plan is to go through the concrete wall to the exterior, and run triple insulated piping up the side of the house. Are there any special considerations I should make when performing the install? I know the roof clearance code and I have no other obstructions or combustibles nearby the stove or the chimney. How close can I run the pipe to the siding on the house if it is triple insulated? Any idea what parts/kits I should order and where to get them for a good price?

Thanks in advance! I'm sure I'll have more trouble shooting questions to come as I learn how to efficiently operate my stove!

Drew
Not sure where you live, that’s a biggie with codes. Also insurance company is another. But I can tell you Rockford chimney supply is a good place to buy venting components/kits and they have a really good customer support that can help you with any questions.

I will add I am not a rep of them just a consumer who was in the same position as you a couple years ago. I’m sure others will chime in but they do have competitive price and actual complete kits for most applications