1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Newbie with Breckwell P28FS Issues...

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by tomsteele712, Apr 23, 2013.

1. tomsteele712

tomsteele712 New Member

Loc:
    Southington, CT
    Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to the whole pellet stove scene. Picked up a used P28FS off of Craigslist for practically nothing - owner (in his 70's) said it "just" needed a new auger motor. (He bought a new, more efficient Englander 25-PDVCH instead of paying to fix this one.)

So before I did ordered the motor, I called up our local Breckwell dealer (Superior Products in Southington, CT) for some info. The guy told me that he tried to fix this unit already, and he was unable to repair it... he said something was shorting out the control board (said he had it down to the auger motor and/or board). It also needs some minor cosmetics (like new gaskets and a thorough cleaning), but before I move forward with fixing this thing - do you guys think it's worth it? Owner said it was $2200 about 12-15 years ago...

Any tips to finding out what's shorting out the board? I see the auger motor is fairly easy to replace, so I'm not worried about that... Lastly, is there anyone you guys recommend to fix the control board?

Thanks in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. tomsteele712

tomsteele712 New Member

Loc:
    Southington, CT
    I've done quite a bit of searching on this model... seems this is one that uses a different brand of parts than most other Breckwells... is there anyone you recommend to order parts through over others? I've seen auger motors from $100 all the way to $300...
  3. Lake Girl

Lake Girl Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    NW Ontario
  4. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH