Well first of, what a great forum. I look forward to learning to browsing! Second, I have a ventless gas fireplace that when we use we get overpowered with smell. The odor begins with in 3 minutes of turning on the unit and quickly fills the house with an obnoxious, headache inducing odor. I removed the logs and left the fire on and no such smell occurs so I assume it must be coming from the logs when they are heated. Is there a way to get rid of the smell short of replacing the logs? I know new logs can be costly. The house is only 5 years old and the logs are like new. It would be nice if we could use the fireplace now that is cold out! Thanks in advance.