• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toyotarider

Nov 1, 2014
ruffsdale pa
Hello all. My wife and i just moved into a home with a fireplace and oil boiler. To offset oil cost we are installing an insert. We decided on a flush mount and got an enviro cabello 1700. To be installed on nov 18th. Dealer sold me the 1700 even though my fire place depth now is 19 inches and the 1700 need a little over 22 inches. I wanted the 1700 over the 1200. He told me he can remove brick in rear to fit it. Does this seem right? I know they can be made for zero clearance so im guessing fire brick is not needed behind an insert. Thanks. I got a great deal on the 1700 since he had overstock. The 1200 would have run me a few hundred more.

Status
Not open for further replies.