Next seasons fuel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smoke show

Pulled the trigger today and committed to three tons of fine BC softwood.

I was torn between these and pine pellets produce right here in Wi.

These won out mostly because they have performed flawlessly in the past.

Will def post pics of the dump a roo fully loaded when the time comes.

IMAG0330.jpgpelletimage1.jpg

Reactions: save$
Softwoods to the East of me.... Softwoods to the West of me....

Pffft....

(Yeah, I am jealous!?!?!?) ;)

Reactions: Eatonpcat
I have yet to try a decent hardwood if that makes you feel better.

I did not see a price per ton? I ask because here in NH the spring price for Vermont pellets (softwood pellet) is $269 and I would like to compare. I am likely in for a couple tons at this price as these are the best I have found locally.

Thanks for any info you might be willing to share.

$210 this year. :mad: These usually average between $185 and $210.

I have yet to try a decent hardwood if that makes you feel better.

Its only fair! We gotta have sumtin good we can hoard. You have your doug fir and we have our Oak.

Too bad it costs so much to ship them. I'd barter a couple of bags of Turmans for some Bear Mountains. But $40 clams is a lot of good brewskies and even more of the watery stuff you sip! ;)

Reactions: save$
Its only fair! We gotta have sumtin good we can hoard. You have your doug fir and we have our Oak.

No doug fir, too pricey for me. Lodgepole pine.

Too bad it costs so much to ship them. I'd barter a couple of bags of Turmans for some Bear Mountains. But $40 clams is a lot of good brewskies and even more of the watery stuff you sip! ;)

Who said I sip?

Is that price with the members club smoke?

How do the softwood, (Pines and such) burn cleaner than the hardwood pellets, is it they burn at a higher temp with the pitch in them and thus cleaner or something else?

How do the softwood, (Pines and such) burn cleaner than the hardwood pellets, is it they burn at a higher temp with the pitch in them and thus cleaner or something else?

Good question, But I don't think its the pitch. More likely its because of material ash content. Each wood species has its own and it even verys with sub species. I saw a chart somewhere, I will try to find and post it.

I'll also add that bark has a higher ash content than the wood fiber itself. So if any bark gets into the mix the end pellet will be higher in overall ash content. Log to chip pellets is where this is more criticle as hardwood bark is harder to remove than the softwood bark.

I did not see a price per ton? I ask because here in NH the spring price for Vermont pellets (softwood pellet) is $269 and I would like to compare. I am likely in for a couple tons at this price as these are the best I have found locally.

Were are you getting the VT Pellets from? I looked on there web site for dealers they show only two, both being in VT.

Just got the word from H&H on their FaceBook page that $269 is the Spring price for the Vermonts. Ouch. I'm with you though, I'm buying at that price. I have so much of my shoulder stuff left over from this season that I don't need as much of the good stuff.

I knew this thread wouldn't last long before it became New England.

Oh well, I got a couple coming anyway. :rolleyes:

Were are you getting the VT Pellets from? I looked on there web site for dealers they show only two, both being in VT.
I get them from H&H in Hampton Falls, NH. When I put my zip in the Vermont site it shows 3 NH dealers (03820), give it a try.

I knew this thread wouldn't last long before it became New England.

Oh well, I got a couple coming anyway. :rolleyes:
Probably a little payback for jackin their threads! :p

Somethin you do rather well I might add. hehe! JK with ya smoke, all in fun brother! ==c

Probably a little payback for jackin their threads! :p

Somethin you do rather well I might add. hehe! JK with ya smoke, all in fun brother! ==c

We all have our fair share of de-railment days.... ;)

Some more than others! !

Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls. Rte 1 NH seacoast. Might be a bit of a ride for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.