Next Years Supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stax

Minister of Fire
Dec 22, 2010
Southeastern PA
95% BL, with some Ash on top. 2.5 cords to go.

Attachments

• Black Locust.jpg
    Black Locust.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 481
Nice going Stax. Keep on cutting!

Nice stack!
I've got about 97% BL, 2% Ash and 1% Oak for this year. While BL is good stuff, I have found that it is slow to get started on all but the hottest coal beds. I have been re-splitting the bigger splits as I move the wood to my front porch in an effort to quicken my reloads, or actually restarts in this unusually warm (so far) winter. Looks like your splits are pretty small. Maybe you already knew this.

Nice stacks how long are they? I like that bracing idea, I think I'll plagiarize it.

Stax said:
95% BL, with some Ash on top. 2.5 cords to go.

Great job Stax, that will throw some nice heat.

zap

Yes flatbed, kind of. Racks r 16x1x6. Rounds r cut to 14". Have 4 of these racks. Each 1 holds about a cord.

That is great looking. Do you always split that small? I usually leave them larger. I've been thinking about splitting smaller.

Really not that small. It could be the pic. But yes, I did want to Go leaner because it is black locust.

Large Black locust splits..and even better black locust rounds=long overnight burns

Status
Not open for further replies.