Nice score today...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
My logger buddy hooked me up yet again with a logged woods that was primarily Oak..Burr,Red,White and Pin Oak. I was cutting on a medium sized Red Oak top and stopped to take a break when I spotted a dead tree that had been blown over...at distance I thought it was a Red but it turned out to be a very large Pin Oak. I sunk the 660 into it to test it...it immediately brought a smile to my face! It was solid! I switched gears muc
IMG_3043.jpg
IMG_3044.jpg
IMG_3046.jpg
h to the dismay of my helpers who thought we were almost done....lol I am guessing there is a cord and half....maybe more in this one tree....I commenced to filling the bed of my truck with split quarters till it was maxed out.....I will be back! I also filled the dump trailer up with Red Oak...all in all it was good day...beautiful weather here today topping out at 60!

I have got to find me a logger buddy:cool:

Nice score

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Very nice. Just finished getting the last of five cords from a red oak on a property. 48" DBH. Fell this summer in a storm, but it had been leaning hard for years. Had to split the rounds into 100lb sections to load. Bummer is trailer bearing blew 2 miles from home with a cord on it. Had to take several trips with the truck and limp the trailer home. Wish i had a beefier set-up like yours. Nice score.

Very nice. Just finished getting the last of five cords from a red oak on a property. 48" DBH. Fell this summer in a storm, but it had been leaning hard for years. Had to split the rounds into 100lb sections to load. Bummer is trailer bearing blew 2 miles from home with a cord on it. Had to take several trips with the truck and limp the trailer home. Wish i had a beefier set-up like yours. Nice score.
Been there and done that before! Welded what was left of the bearing to the axle....

Reactions: FaithfulWoodsman
Very nice...

Please tell your "logger buddy" that you have a friend for him to meet in western North Carolina :)

Reactions: HisTreeNut
Please tell your "logger buddy" that you have a friend for him to meet in western North Carolina :)

Make that 2 friends in North Carolina.
;) ;)

I am sure he wouldn't mind mind if you Carolina boys wanted to take the ride! lol

Reactions: HisTreeNut