Nice to be back !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulie

Hearth Supporter
Nov 27, 2007
SW Mich.
Well it's been awhile, but it's that time of year again. Hows everyone doing?? So tell me guys. this is my second, actually my first FULL year of wood burning. I did not clean my chimney after last season.....is this a problem? Harder to clean now? or doesn't make a difference? Should be good on wood I have around 8 to 9 cords stacked. I have three HH stacks....we'll see if they actually season better or not. two have been stacked since spring.

Actually easier to clean after the crud has had the summer to dry out good. Just cleaned mine yesterday.

Cleaning now is good. I am still slacking. I did however make a new gasket for my baffle out of small diameter rope gasket.
I will prolly install the test gasket and clean insert this weekend.

Hogwildz said:
I did however make a new gasket for my baffle out of small diameter rope gasket.

Tom will have to cancel the order for the Hummer! :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Hogwildz said:
I did however make a new gasket for my baffle out of small diameter rope gasket.

Tom will have to cancel the order for the Hummer! :lol:

Heck if my prototype works out, I'll sell them for 1/2 the cost of the PE. Just not sure if the rope gasket will last in that smoldering environment back there.

Hogwildz said:
Heck if my prototype works out, I'll sell them for 1/2 the cost of the PE. Just not sure if the rope gasket will last in that smoldering environment back there.

It will. I had a 18 3/4 inch piece filling that gap in the side of the 30-NC baffle all last season and it never flinched. Just ran a steel rod through it for a stiffener. You need to give that some thought for yours. Either that or I have a copious quantity of SS kiln elements here that the rod will fit through to use for it. Fits the gap perfectly. Let me know if you want one.

Thanks guys....still a rookie here, still learning......but I guess when I stop learning thats when I'll burn my house down!

Brother Bart,

It's nice to see you back. I'm glad it was only a short hiatus!

Andrew Churchill said:
Brother Bart,

Agreed . . . missed your wit and witticisms.

firefighterjake said:
Andrew Churchill said:
Brother Bart,

Agreed . . . missed your wit and witticisms.

Welcome back 'BB'. You have just made my day much brighter.
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.