Nice wood score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich M

Aug 22, 2006
NW Lower Michigan
Bought some slab wood a few months back from a new guy in the area that recently started a small saw mill operation. I was courteous, cleaned up a section of his pile instead of just grabbing all the best pieces from all over the place, and didn't over load my trailer (paid by the load). Asked him if he ever gets any tops or crooked trunks I'd be interested and gave him my phone number. Got the call tonight, 10 to 15 cord of maple all cut to 16-18", easy access and close by for $60 a cord! The best part, he says "you're a straight shooter, when you get it all stacked and measured let me know how much it ends up being and we can settle up then." Pays to be friendly and ask questions, I'll be busy for the next couple weeks setting myself up for the next few seasons, and I don't even have to run my saw!

What a score! Remember to pass out this guys business cards for his sawmill and bring him a bottle of whatever he drinks!

Matt

:) ...very nice...glad to hear that...

Thanks guys! Went to the landing today and sized it up, a nice skidder road winding through pile after pile. Start working on it tommorow, glad it turned cold for the task at hand. Should be even better when the ground freezes. My plan is to get it all out of there as quickly as possible and then split and stack at my lesiure.

Status
Not open for further replies.