No Pellet stoves at HD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alternativeheat

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2013
Cape Cod, Ma.
On the floors that is, not locally anyway. No parts either this year. Not much for pellets either ( as we know), what they had was AWP. hardwood. The girl said "no don't think any pellet stoves are coming in this year, and no parts. You can order online and have it delivered to the store for free though". I went online and no stoves were listed in stock at stores all around us, all the way up to Boston. I thought that an interesting policy change if you will. They had them last year. Wanted to see an Englander in person.

Lowes had Pleasant Hearth in stock, it looks pretty well made. Tractor Supply had King, so so I thought.. And of course the stove shops have the expensive brands in stock, I don't need that for my basement work shop.

You may just need to travel a little further north. Saw all kinds of pellet stove at HD and Lowes in Maine. Was looking at the pleasent hearth also but ended up getting a summers heat by englander.

In our area, Hd is just becoming a place I frequent less and less. I stopped by to pick up a tube of RTV, and they didn't even carry it at ours! No pellets for weeks, but they did have a 70' long display of pumpkins. Not worth my time to stop there, as I can almost never complete my list and end up having to go somewhere else. Lowes and the local hardware store are now my choices, as both seem to cater to people who do actual work on their homes. Maybe if I need a jackolantern carving set or some faux finish paint Hd will earn a visit.

Reactions: Jason845845
My HD hasn't sold stoves in 2-3 year's, and no more stove gasket's etc

Thanks guys, it just took me by surprise where they had quite a lot last year. We had stopped to eat almost across the street so we pulled in to HD for some gutter capping and while there I thought oh good, I'll have a look at the pellet stoves to find non. Nor any parts for them. And Wilber, funny you mention faux finish, my wife got hers there a couple years back, to make her downstairs bathroom dream come true I guess!

In our area, Hd is just becoming a place I frequent less and less. I stopped by to pick up a tube of RTV, and they didn't even carry it at ours! No pellets for weeks, but they did have a 70' long display of pumpkins. Not worth my time to stop there, as I can almost never complete my list and end up having to go somewhere else. Lowes and the local hardware store are now my choices, as both seem to cater to people who do actual work on their homes. Maybe if I need a jackolantern carving set or some faux finish paint Hd will earn a visit.

I always get the feeling Home Depot is having a "going out of business" sale. The place is a mess. I drive right past it on the way to Lowe's.

Reactions: Wilbur Feral
Strange, all the Lowe's and HD that I've been to around central NH carry Englander stoves. I know Lowe's also carries Pleasant Hearth, not sure about HD. Last time I was at at a local TSC they had a bunch of USSC stoves on display.

I bet it's regional, with someone (or some computer) in charge of figuring out what they want to carry in different areas. If so, I wish they would find a new one for us.

I've seen less stoves at HD the last 5 years or so. But never 0. It had to be 10 years ago they had 20 or more stoves on the floor and more on shelves nearby. I picked up an Englander TR-18 for $199 , marked down from around $800 IIRC.
HD here rocks as far as supplies, hardware, and lumber. Lowes on the other hand sucks for that same stuff and rocks on windows, tools, appliances and lumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.