1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Non Electric pellet stove

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jdempsey, Oct 21, 2011.

1. jdempsey

jdempsey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    kentucky

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hossthehermit

hossthehermit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    I'd want to see one in operation before I ran out and bought one. That being said, IF it works, in a year or two they'll be a lot better, and everybody will be makin' 'em.
  3. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    There was a similar camp stove with youtube videos, We chatted about it last season. I never seen one in action, But I "assume" without the convection blower. You'll need to cuddle up to it.
  4. hossthehermit

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    Yeah, I agree, but the convenience of pellets instead of wood, if it would heat like a wood stove................
  5. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    You could always use them "BIG" pellets. :cheese: If you already have a wood stove me thinx. I gotta say for a camp or cabin stove you'd only use once in a while. No wood fetchin, haulin or finding kindling. Just bring some fuel with you. Sounds way too easy. I'd have to see one in person first!
  6. hossthehermit

Loc:
    Maine, ayuh, by gorry
    That's sorta my point, J. Burnin' pellets at home already, buyin' a few ton for the winter. Instead of trying to get a woodpile stocked up at camp for that week or two of huntin' season, then gittin' up there and findin' out somebody stole all yer wood, haul a few bags of pellets in with ya.
  7. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

http://clarrypelletstove.com/pages/rocky.html

This was the one I seen last year. The stove in the link that you posted seems like it would warm a larger area or warm faster, as there was a longer exhaust path and would give a better heat exchange..

Either way, it would be convenient and in-convenient at the same time. Whether a wood stove or pellet stove, you have to carry it. Then you would have to carry the pellets also. Which ensures a dry fuel, but most of the time (depends on the region, if hunting in the Tundra, good luck with Dry anything) you can find wood that has been dead or broken branches.

All depends on where you are going, what you are doing, and how long your stay will be.

I do think they are really neat though. I wish I stayed in Ky longer when I go hunting. Would be a good excuse to buy one.

As with anything, the longer they are out, and the more companies that build them, the more stride will be made in the overall efficiency and cost.
  8. tjnamtiw

tjnamtiw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    North Georgia
    Well, now we know what Rube Goldberg was doing in the off-season!!! :p Interesting as all get out and just as ugly! Might as well weld some channel onto the sides of the exhaust zig zag for more heat transfer. It so crazy that it appeals to me but I think I'd have a hard sell to the boss!

They have a domain name parked but no website yet. They are on Facebook so Google says but I can't see them.
  9. summit

summit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central maine
    feed system looks like the one on my old traeger grill. Gravity feed... the grill went about 1 hr maybe on a hopper full, betcha this stove would do about the same. Good for an ice shack, I bet, though...
  10. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Good idea on the ice shack!