nonstop empress auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybird1954

Mar 11, 2011
South Central Connecticut
I replaced the auger motor and the fuse, and now the auger motor is running non-stop. The indicator light is going on and off normally, but the auger never stops. Any help here would be much appreciated.

The timing comes from the control board memory chip. It uses an opto relay to control a triac. If the light is in sync? Most likely the Triac has stopped switching.

If you can solder its fixable? But otherwise its new board time.

My meter shows a constant 110 v on auger motor leads. The indicator light is on/off as normal. Is a triac a relay? I am to a point where I am going to devote my energies to motorcycling and retire the pellet stove for this season, so I am not in a hurry. I would like to get the board repaired if it is significantly less expensive than a new board. Earlier this season I had to replace the combustion fan (dead) and the convection fan (sounded like Yoko Ono). I'm up to $725.00 so far including the new auger motor. Not economical.

Thank you for your help.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.