Nor'easter....just got my power and internet back about an hour ago.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
St_Earl said:
i definitely don't know the answer to this. but i had assumed that if we had an outage here i would just plug my dsl modem in (by way of genny power) and be good to go for internet service.

is that an incorrect assumption?
and if not, what is different if your case?

hmm i also just assumed that the modem wouldn't be much of a draw.
i'll have to look up my pc's wattage. i had just planned on switching from the 32' tv i use for a monitor back down to the small spare i have.

"Down heeyah in da south" we have Verizon FIOS. During Irene I had to hook the generator to the Fios interface box in the cellar as well as power the modem. No power problems at my house this time around. Just, and I mean just west of here, they got hammered with snow on the leafed out trees. They are now making estimates of Nov 7th for power restoration. Ugly Ugly senario. Hang in there for those of you affected.....

smoke show said:
imacman said:
I get 1 free fill-up each year....

Theres no such thing as a free lunch.

Well, I agree.....I pay $18/month tank rental, and that includes the "free" fill-up, and no limit on how many gallons.

j-takeman said:
Pete,

Run me a cord will ya buddy, No power since Saturday night 6:00 PM. We have been using the genny for Lights TV fish tank and fridge. I have to unplug fridge to plug in the chast freezer. Too much hassle to just run the stove for a few hours here and there, So I opted for the smoke dragon instead!

I think I have the wifey talked in to the full auto back up. Going to check into the NG feed so no worries on fill ups.....

Hope everything is OK jay. If i could send you power, I would!

BTW, the whole house genny's that run on nat. gas make a little less power than with propane. My 12KW unit will run on either, but only puts out 11KW if it's on Natural gas......but the convenience would more than make-up for that, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.