1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

North bound on the Mississippi

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by shmodaddy, Sep 20, 2012.

1. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    This came by the other day thought id share!

Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Attached Files:

Defiant, smokinj and Billybonfire like this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    Sent from my rooted and eclipse running X2--thanks nitro-- if im posting on here I'm probably supposed to be working! I can't help im addicted to HEARTH.COM!

Attached Files:

3. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    That's a big boat! I wonder if I should be watching for it to go by soon, or if I missed it. Since it's St. Louis to St. Paul, I think it should be well by here at this point.
  4. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    Not sure danno I took those and a few more on the 13th in the am. At that point she was at mile marker 127umr or just above Ste. Genevieve M.O. She was impressive as she silently went by much unlike the usual loud and obnoxious towboats and left me yearning for the days when the delta queen an Mississippi queen would race from New Orleans to Saint Louis.

5. jharkin

jharkin Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Holliston, MA USA
    Ohhhhh cool. I wanna drive it ;)
  6. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
  7. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    This is the " Queen of the Mississippi " docked at the Chester Il river front on the 16th of sept three days after the american queen passed. I could find very little info on this boat nor no name or port on her. Only reason I know her name is I asked a deck hand and he told me she was new out of the box!

Attached Files:

8. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
  9. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    Now this brings back some memories. We could hear this all the way across town. I as a young kid had a chance to play that but sooo chickened out. I was like 8 years old

milleo likes this.
  10. shmodaddy

shmodaddy Burning Hunk

Loc:
    So IL
    Oh my dear god they cut up the Mississippi Queen!