Northern pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
Just picked up a ton of these. I sampled a few bags last year and liked them. Just wondering if anyone else has more experience with these pellets. Good or bad.

Love 'em

D&J in sanford. 285.

X2 Excellent pellet. In my area they have gotten pretty pricey though.
Yup, got em 2 yrs ago for $235/ ton and that was a steal! I would pay up to $250 for them but in my area they are now in the $275-$285 per ton. If this was my only option I would pay that, but at $70 more per ton than others- cant justify it.

Yup. I bought a ton of the Lg super premium from berniers and I don't think they are any better than the regular Lg's. Can't wait to get rid of them and get to the northern and spruces.

That guy (Bernier) likes to talk, doesn't he?::P

Just a little, pretty nice guy though. How did the Maximum pellets burn?

I'm saving them for a test when it gets a little colder.

Just a little, pretty nice guy though. How did the Maximum pellets burn?

He's definatly a salesman. He wouldn't even acknowledge that the place across the street was selling pellets too.

I don't think they get along to well. Must be tough having a pellet dealer across the street from your own pellet business. Wonder who started first.

I don't think they get along to well. Must be tough having a pellet dealer across the street from your own pellet business. Wonder who started first.

Good question. Bernier has a great location. I found him when I spotted all the pellets stacks from about 1/4 mile away.

I called SIB's, but he's out of stock on LaCrets and Okies. Gonna try a few more bags of the MWP softies when it gets cold and see how they hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.