Not feeling the tension yet.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have the room and the funds, it never hurts to be prepared. I've lived in New England all my life and every year I'm amazed at how something so cheap and simple as say - a snow shovel - is so sought after on the day before a major winter storm, even though they've been out in the hardware stores since October.

The same thing happens with snow tires.

I have 6 snow shovels. I used to peruse the bulky item pickup piles back in the big city picking up broken shovels and rakes, took them home and fixed up good ones from the various parts and tossed the unusable parts into my discard pile.

The last snow shovel I bought was a roof rake when we moved into the low pitched roof house here.

Last edited:
I will keep a shovel outside by each door. I will also keep a couple buckets of salt and sand mixed inside by our main exits. Also working flashlights by each door. Lucky for me, I no longer have to go out unless I want to. I could be snowed in for months and have plenty to eat and stay warm. (So long as I don't loose power!)

Way too early for shovel talk fella's! :p

Its not snowing in Maine is it? ;em
No, but I have inspected mine to make sure they are sound. Just two years ago, we had a really big snow storm before Halloween. So that is a little more than a month away. !!!

There's freeze warnings for us tomorrow night. Where did I put the ice scraper?

Ran the snow blower and generator today . I love Maine winters ! I drive my wife nuts ! On topic I've been looking for some vermonts and they are hard to find as of today . I have plenty of pellets just like choices and I want more softwood in the stash .
Foot note for the record I bought a snow shovel today ( my sons birthday present ) if only I was kidding he even asked for it ... Lol

Ran the snow blower and generator today . I love Maine winters ! I drive my wife nuts ! On topic I've been looking for some vermonts and they are hard to find as of today . I have plenty of pellets just like choices and I want more softwood in the stash .
Foot note for the record I bought a snow shovel today ( my sons birthday present ) if only I was kidding he even asked for it ... Lol

Try these folks http://woodpellets4me.com/pellets-vermont.html

Smokey,
Thanks . I did speak to Bob today have ordered from them for years nice people . But even they don't have them . He says there going out as fast as they come in . He expects more just not sure when . He knows they have some softwoods in wells he gonna check and give me a call tommorow . I'm pretty sure he said they are La Cretes never burned them before ? Bob likes them better than the Oaks and says they are close to the Vermonts

Status
Not open for further replies.