Not For Everyone.. maybe some though.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Finally got my stash home.  5 tons of Lignectic Presto Logs. I know some have had REALLY BAD luck with them. But I had burnt a few bags  about a month ago, then bought 4 more last Friday and thought they were great. (Acorrding to my magnetic thermo and IR) No clinkers, low ash. $177 a ton at local HD (Ashland, Ohio) Started bringing them home on Tuesday, brought home 2 tons in the truck (not at once). Got the trailer lights working yesterday(Thank God) and brought home 3 today.. My buddy right down the road has a Skid-Steer with fork attachments. Gave him a few bucks to unload.   Now i just have to get them in my basement.. They were all ran on the same turn on the same day as the last 4 bags I bought. Produced 1/5/11 - Shift 2 - Operator M - loads # 20,22,30,37,42.                         Has anyone else had GOOD LUCK with these pellets???? My Somersets were Great but Menards only has skids that are TORE UP now.. Forks stuck thru bottom bags, wet, etc.. Wasnt gonna pay $2 less a ton for what i thought was there leftover garbage!! Had to take advantage of the price while it was right. 1st @ tons i bought for this season were over $250 (early spring of 2010)I've read that there are quite a few others out there that are ready for next season as well.

Attachments

• IMG00174-20110126-1723.jpg
    IMG00174-20110126-1723.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 290
No complaints here with the Presto's. I got 6 tons a couple of weeks ago from Lowe's, $168.30 using the 10% coupon.

Attachments

• Quadrafire 217 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 217 (Large).jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 272
Everyone talks about those "coupons".. Thats the one from the Post office, Right?? Wonder if they would refund me some cash.. Obvioiosly your Quad burns them well too. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Well... Still have to get them to my basement, which i see you already have!!! LOL... I Spent $885 on them. Thats almost $90 i could have saved.. :(

DexterDay said:
Everyone talks about those "coupons".. Thats the one from the Post office, Right?? Wonder if they would refund me some cash.. Obvioiosly your Quad burns them well too. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Well... Still have to get them to my basement, which i see you already have!!! LOL... I Spent $885 on them. Thats almost $90 i could have saved.. :(
Yes coupon from post office or you can get one from http://www.lowes.com/cd_Lowes+Moving+Center_509684072_
This is how I get them in the basement using my kids, 22 and 26 years old now, abandoned wavey slide.

Attachments

• Quadrafire 197 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 197 (Large).jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 271
Got one of those on the swing set outside.. Might have to take the DeWalt Drill and deconstruct!!! LOL Looks like that works pretty good. I have 12-13 steps to my basement hiding hole, but I think I could make it work.

DexterDay said:
Got one of those on the swing set outside.. Might have to take the DeWalt Drill and deconstruct!!! LOL Looks like that works pretty good. I have 12-13 steps to my basement hiding hole, but I think I could make it work.
I send down 12 to 15 bags at a time then go stack them. I get 3 tons sent down and stacked in around a hour by my self.

Attachments

• Quadrafire 215 (Large).jpg
    Quadrafire 215 (Large).jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 254
Status
Not open for further replies.