Not This Year!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This is last years load of logs we bought (mostly beech and sugar maple) even though it was fun bucking and splitting this I'm glad we don't have another load this year.

Attached are some pics.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0401.jpg
    100_0401.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 100_0402.jpg
    100_0402.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 100_0403.jpg
    100_0403.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 358
  • 100_0404.jpg
    100_0404.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 100_0413.jpg
    100_0413.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 100_0415.jpg
    100_0415.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 358
  • 100_0420.jpg
    100_0420.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 356
PapaDave said:
I remember when you posted these last year, zap.
I still have about 5 cord left to do from the 20 cord load I got in May of '09. I'll get that done this year.

PapaDave, I'm not sure the truck could fit back in this year with all the snow we have from plowing. I'm starting to run out of room to put the snow.

How much do you burn per year?

Zap

Hard to believe you paid for wood! LOL that should never happens again.

smokinjay said:

Never realized all those little stacks I had in the woods was two years worth, it still was worth it.

Just wanted to get a couple years ahead, looks like I'll be four years ahead by spring. By the time fall rolls around we should be five years ahead.

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Never realized all those little stacks I had in the woods was two years worth, it still was worth it.

Just wanted to get a couple years ahead, looks like I'll be four years ahead by spring. By the time fall rolls around we should be five years ahead.

Zap

Now THAT is a good feeling Zap - nice work! Cheers!

I prefer to cut my wood up in the woods Zap. I helped my cousin cut up 5 cords or so of a log load last year. You can get a lot done in a little time. But its not much fun just strait cutting. Its nice to drop a tree cut it up load it and haul it. Working in different areas and getting some breaks!

Billy

Yeah zap, that's great to be that far ahead. If I work real hard at it this year, I could get to 4 yrs., but I'm pretty happy with 3.....so far.
We've been using just under 5 cord/year, for the past 4 years in the old Ashley steptop.

Cowboy Billy said:
I prefer to cut my wood up in the woods Zap. I helped my cousin cut up 5 cords or so of a log load last year. You can get a lot done in a little time. But its not much fun just strait cutting. Its nice to drop a tree cut it up load it and haul it. Working in different areas and getting some breaks!

Billy

Billy come on over next winter, I have some nice hills you can cut on! :vampire:

Zap

Cool Zap ya know I would love to!!!

Billy

Zap, I still think you did the right thing. It has allowed you to get ahead on the wood supply so you won't have that dreaded problem of wood not ready to burn.

I've never cut up a log load like that but thought it might be fun to just cut and no worry about limbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.