Nothing is ever free/ or a good deal.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
If some of you have read my last thread about 2 year old pellets you know the story. Friend had pellets , died , widow don't want them , I buy for $ 200.00 .

So since we were slow at work this afternoon I decided to use the company van to take 1/2 a ton up to my house. Yes I'm allowed to use the van . So any way I back the van up to my basement door to have a fast easy unload. 10 minutes and I'm done . Get into van , start to go , it starts spinning , and the van comes to rest on my electric meter. Only thing to do is call my buddy at work to bring up the car jack so we can jack up the van and pry it away from the meter and house.

This works , but the van keeps sliding back on to the meter when we try to move it. I have to call another friend to come up to pull me out.

Got the van out with zero problems pulling it out.

So these great deal pellets are going to cost me a couple of cases of Busch lite and a pizza or some kind of lunch .

Any way my little 20 minute job ended up lasting 3 hours when all was said and done. Moral to the story, never back down to my basement door without FWD. Never use company equipment for personal use. Never buy pellets from a widow.

Good thing your sense of humor is still intact.

Oh yeah, things happen like that but the fact remains you still pulled off a good buy.
I hope the pellets burn good for you too.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.