Now, THIS is what I call a friend!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
My partner at work asked me to help him install a new furnace in his house. We tackled the job last Friday. When the job was done and everything was working perfectly, he pulled out his wallet. I told him, no, friends don't pay friends to help them. Someday, I'll need him to help me, then we'll be even. He replied that he knew I would say that so his wife and he decided on a plan B. They're buying me a ton of pellets of my choice! How nice is that? I asked BTU where I could get some Okies in my area and there's a place a couple of miles from her. Went by there today and they have them for $265 a ton. (At least there was a sign out front saying Pellets $265 / ton)

On my way to pellet Pigdom!

Chander

What a nice post!

Thanks for sharing.

Ranger

Great Story. That was nice of them to gift you something close to your heart.

Home and hearth has them, I think they are in Hampton Falls

Nothing like a pellet pig at heart :cheese:

See, there are some nice people in this world!

Many are also right here on Hearth.com .

That is a good friend! But I still wouldn't of taken it. The most I take from friends is A 12 pack of Guinness. Most of the time they just try and give you a few bucks but I just explain that I made an effort to do something for you so you can make that same effort and most of the time the spoils are share amongst friends. I set my price 20 years ago and have stuck by it and not once has there ever been hard feelings over it but I have had some problems with friends when cash has been involved . As a welder and machinist and a person that has access to a boom truck I have a lot of friends.

I have known this guy and his wife for 20+ years. Believe me, there is no saying "no" to them. I spent 17 hours removing the old and installing and re-piping a new boiler. If I refused to accept anything from them, they would feel badly. I did an RV inspection for them a couple of years ago and refused any payment. A few days later got a gift card to HD in the mail.

I know this sounds funny but if I refused any payment they would never ask me to help them again....I really don't mind and I know they aren't getting screwed over by some unscrupulous contractor.

Besides, as I sit enjoying the wamth, I'll be thinking of them and how nice they were :)

Chandler

CWR said:
.....Besides, as I sit enjoying the wamth, I'll be thinking of them and how nice they were :)
Chandler

Way to go, Chandler. I'm sure you'll enjoy the warmth from the pellets even more, knowing you did a good deed, without expecting anything in return.

macman said:
CWR said:
.....Besides, as I sit enjoying the wamth, I'll be thinking of them and how nice they were :)
Chandler

Way to go, Chandler. I'm sure you'll enjoy the warmth from the pellets even more, knowing you did a good deed, without expecting anything in return.

I am sure they will be thinking of you. When there all warm and toasty, because of your good deed too.

Your partner sure knows the way to a pellet pigs heart!

Pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.