NSCI Certification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
Well I finally did it! I got my certification from the National Chimney Safety Institute of America, they sure cram a lot of information into one week. I was a great learning experience and I would encourage anyone to make the trip if you have any interest in the field. I think there was another member that got certified this week, maybe he will chime in here. If anyone has any questions about it fell free to ask.

Congrats, so does this mean your going to pursue a sweep or hearth business?

I'm not too interested in the retail end of this business but I did take a job as a tech for an established company. We do cleaning, liners, repairs, etc. This should fill in my winter schedule, winter is real slow for the home improvement industry.

Congrats Webby.

Thanks, this is one dirty job but somebody 's got to do it!

is it free to get certified?

OK guys. Congrats. Now get over here and brush this nasty chimney. :coolsmirk:

And don't get the carpet dirty. Or jam the brush through the baffle!

cmonSTART said:
Hi Webby, glad you too passed! It was a loooooong week!
It sure was a long week! Nice to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.