NuTec Castings Upland 207

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting burnpot. Wonder what them tubes are for?

Doesn't look like a gasifier. Looks more like it just burns em. (I figured pook would put in 2 cents, But he's not here! :) )

The tubes look like they are an exhaust path. Thats the way my Fahrenheit is. Has 2 tubes on the bottom that draw the exhaust back to a single channel and over to the combustion blower. Ensures that all the hot air is expended up top and has to be pulled back down to exhaust out of the stove.

Maybe.... Might be for something else. But I doubt it. Looks to similar.

smwilliamson said:
manufacturer is in Greenwich RI...I'll go with you if you want to meet up?

I'd like to much, But Mon - Fri booked until 5 PM daily. Next available day is somewhere between xmas and new years.

I have slight curiousity about these.

Is there a website? I can't seem to find it.

NuTec site is here but no stove info. I did find what's in the quote. Just email and phone.
http://www.nutec-castings.com/

For informaiton regarding NU-TEC Brand Townsend TN-25 Woodstove, Amity AM-40 Woodstove, Amity CS-45 Coal Stove or Upland 207 Pellet Stove you can e-mail E-mail NU-TEC or call 401-738-2931

Would be very interesting to see how the thing does on nut shells.

I am not thrilled about the "China" thing.

Why not build a quality stove here in the USA and put our people to work.

Also I am not real excited about Cast Iron.
I have owned a couple Iron pellet stoves and was never impressed.

My worst fears were realized when I bought my first one years ago and the casting cracked after a couple fires.

Far better to fabricate a pellet stove from sheet steel. More forgiving and can be repaired if need be.

BUY MADE IN THE USA/CANADA

Snowy

Snowy Rivers said:
BUY MADE IN THE USA/CANADA

.....or Europe or Scandinavia.

Ecotek Tyr...one of the coolest pellet stoves I ever saw. IT BURNS STICK WOOD TOO!

http://www.ecotec.net/pdf/Engelska/Tyr_instrbok-07_E.pdf

TYR.jpg

The first Upland 207 Pellet Stove was designed twenty years ago. It looked much like the present model and operated on many of the same principles.
The bulk of our cast stoves were being produced for us in partnership with a foundry located in Croatia, Yugoslavia. They handled Europe and NU-TEC handled North America.
To make a long story short, the war in the early 1990's wiped out our business.

When we gradually resurrected ourselves to business was primarily designing and manufacturing gas stoves for Heat-N-Glo, Desa, and several other hearth OEMs.
Over the last twenty years we continued to try to service our customers that bought wood, coal, and pellet stoves from us during our early years. A lot of our stoves are still in service, including twenty year old pellet stoves.

So, that was the motivation for me to see if I could retain the charm and reliability of of the original Upland 207 Pellet Stove and still meet the latest standards.
The Upland 207 Pellet Stove that you see is the result of many years of refinement. I am proud to say that it is more beautiful and a better performer than the original.

I apologise that I have not kept up the NU-TEC Web site. If anyone would like to send me an email at [email protected], I will send you the UP207P literature and manuals. Air flow patterns, pellet feed, safety controls, etc. are all thoroughly explained.

With respect to China concerns: I have had the same partner in China for over fifteen years. We do the casting, enamelling, heavy metal and assembly in our factory.
I source all of the individual electrical components and ship them to China. The custom controllers are totally manufactured in the USA. Glass is from either Germany or Japan. The auger motors are from South Korea. We use Stove Bright on painted components. Each stove goes through a final inspection and systems check at the Warwick, RI factory. The quality of the Upland 207 Pellet Stove can stand with anyone!

Attachments

• Green on Oak Flame sm.jpg
    Green on Oak Flame sm.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,312
Thank you for the info. It is indeed a beautiful stove.

j-takeman said:
Interesting burnpot. Wonder what them tubes are for?

Doesn't look like a gasifier. Looks more like it just burns em. (I figured pook would put in 2 cents, But he's not here! :) )

The tubes over the burn pot and the tube turned down into the burn pot are both feeding fresh intake air into the unit via a small fan.

The auger is pushing pellets into the burn pot from below.

I requested info from the email addy posted above over a month ago and haven't seen anything yet.
just sayin.

Received the info within a few hours of requesting them - maybe they went into your spam folder.
pm me your emal addr and I'll fwd the pdf along

jjs777_fzr said:
Received the info within a few hours of requesting them - maybe they went into your spam folder.
pm me your emal addr and I'll fwd the pdf along

PM sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.