OAK for a Majestic Superhearth 48?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricker

Dec 28, 2009
Eastern Massachussetts
New to Forum . . . I recently purchased a Majestic Royal Superhearth 48" and will be installing in my soon-to-be-built cathedral ceilinged livingroom. I'm remodeling the entire house (90% gut job) with 2X6 new walls for the addition(s). Probably using Icynene in walls and rafter systems and envelope will be pretty tight. I'm considering one or two OAKs (AK-MST) for this large box. I see that OAK discussions have been all over the place . . .but am wondering if there is much of a difference when considering an OAK for a large-opening fireplace vs. for a wood burning stove. Also, having a little difficulty finding 11" double-wall venting for the unit. Any help would be GRATEly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.