OAK for NEO 2.5?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimlock13

Dec 15, 2014
Holtsville
Good Day All,

Finally made the decision to add an OAK to the NEO 2.5 stove, however cannot find any Pacific Energy OAK kits. Anyone have any recommendations?

Also I am debating whether to vent it directly outside or to the crawlspace below? The crawlspace has no vents as of right now so I am leaning towards the outside wall.

Vented crawlspaces typically make great outside air intake locations.
I'd be wary that yours is not ventilated though. If this is because its sealed up (walls and floor) and ventilated via the house than that's okay.
If its soil floor, masonry walls with no vent maybe you should be considering adding some vents.
Even if you have just an outer access door to the crawlspace there's probably enough leakage there to allow the stove to breathe through the OAK.
Also consider that connecting the OAK to the crawlspace will cool the air in the there if its colder outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.