OAK Kit length

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stallau

May 17, 2009
Southern ME
My stove is in the basement and as such there's a good height difference to get from above the sill plate to the stove. Would it matter if I extended the air intake hose (thinking about power of motor to pull air over the distance) and since the ones that come with kits are usually about 6 ft what would be recommended to use for a replacement hose?

Thanks

Piece of pipe and cut the flex in half and get a couple of hose clamps, and maybe a can of paint for the pipe. Your over thinking the issue :)

check manufacturer specs, with our stoves when a long OAK is used we recommend bumping up from 2 inch to 3 inch due to the added length. depending on what unit you have the manufacturer may or may not require a larger diameter for longer runs.

My oak kit goes up my flue 1.5 stories... no problems. as above, if you go longer, you might want to go wider too.

Status
Not open for further replies.