OAK, outside air question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Install your oak in your thimble I used a 1/2in piece of drywall as a template and 2in holesaw worked like a charm.I mite have go in overbroad machining the plates and tack welding them to a piece of 2in galvanize ext. Pipe so I could unbolt it to replace the aluminum doorwall screen. No need to drill another hole in your wall when you already have one. 0925152003.jpg

Ps the thimble with the hole already predrilled is like three times the price are you blanking kidden me. For a drilled hole oboy

Psps I am a new guy here if oak dose not work out you lay all the blame on me

If it can practically be installed, wouldn't an OAK installed making the stove a closed loop (air in from outside, air through stove and out exhaust) in relation to air within your home make sense? Granted, most stoves will work fine without an OAK, but it does have to affect the air pressure within the house. If practical, I think the OAK is worth the extra work. As a seller and installer of stoves, I have become an advocate of OAKs, explained properly a lot of folks agree with the pros of one. No one likes the extra costs associated with them, but if properly explained most can appreciate the benefits of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.