OAK Recommendations?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jamesieboy

Oct 27, 2021
Northern Ontario, Canada
I'm looking for any recommendations for an OAK for my Enviro EF-V.

Also, the manual is about as clear as mud, but can anybody confirm that specs are 24" from the ground and 3' from the termination cap?

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for any recommendations for an OAK for my Enviro EF-V.

Also, the manual is about as clear as mud, but can anybody confirm that specs are 24" from the ground and 3' from the termination cap?

Thanks in advance!
Trying to understand your question, I looked at your manual: https://enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/EF 5 owners manual dial-a-fire.pdf to figure out what specs would have to do with the distance for the ground to an OAK. Didn't find anything. Is there more than common sense to putting in an OAK? As long as it's higher than the snow, and far enough from the stove pipe exhaust not to draw it back in, what more matters?

I'm thinking that 2-3' from the ground would be about right in order not to have it blocked by snow (but I don't think it has anything to do with running the stove itself).

I didn't see a mention of distance between the OAK and exhaust, but it does say the exhaust should extend at least 12" from the siding (for a direct vent). Since the OAK normally terminates at the siding, that would indicate the OAK should be at least 12" from the termination. That is what the manual for my Harman manual says, so I think it is a good interpretation.

In other Enviro manuals, it calls for the intake to be below and at least 12 inches away
so I would presume that it would be the same for your EF V

Reactions: Jamesieboy
Trying to understand your question, I looked at your manual: https://enviro.com/custom_content/docs/manuals/EF 5 owners manual dial-a-fire.pdf to figure out what specs would have to do with the distance for the ground to an OAK. Didn't find anything. Is there more than common sense to putting in an OAK? As long as it's higher than the snow, and far enough from the stove pipe exhaust not to draw it back in, what more matters?
Well, there were 2 questions. The first, I was looking for recommendations on an OAK for my stove, and the second was looking for spec confirmation.