OAK use = Higher Fuel Consumption?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we have zero fans exhausting in our house. the only draw is the stove.
if it doesn't pull enough to cause a draft, then we have poltergeists.

the oak is in the mail.

St_Earl said:
we have zero fans exhausting in our house. the only draw is the stove.
if it doesn't pull enough to cause a draft, then we have poltergeists.

the oak is in the mail.

No it must be gremlins, poltergeists live in warmer climates, gremlins live in pellet stoves.

Can I mate up the SelKirk DT Pellet Venting with a simpson T pipe connector?

EarthStove said:

Nope.... Different brands dont match up.

DexterDay said:
EarthStove said:

Nope.... Different brands dont match up.

Of course simpson does not make such a product do they? I have too much invested in their pipe to switch. But I would like to give OAK a shot.

I've posted this before, but maybe one of these would help with that high pellet consumption from having an OAK:

17523d1129992107-tornado-air-filter-inlet-insert-tam-ki-80_w.jpg

Just install it in the OAK venting and it will magically make the pellets burn better and last longer. :coolsmile:

Gentlemen, As a sales and install guy, I think we all know that our stoves will will will benefit from OAKs. Will stoves run without them? They'll run better with them. If a sales guy tells you you don't need them, he's not being the proper salesperson. I do not understand why a salesperson would try to dissuade you from buying an OAK, if for nothing else, he will make you a happier customer (the name of the game). A happy customer who believes the sales guy had his/her best interest at heart!! Sales folk make this much harder on themselves, 3/4 of a sale is finding out what the customer wants, if one of our sales people was trying to "talk someone out of an OAK"I'd have some recourse. That makes no sense- I shake my head at some of the things their salesperson told them or advised them with their "20 years doing this BS line". If OAK is possible, its always better, more of a sale, better running stove, everyone wins!! The coaxial direct temp OAK is my favorite (pipe in a pipe). Just make sure that if someone does install OAK, that the connection to the stove goes all the way into the stove, not hooking onto an intake air plume that is open on the interior side of the stove (Yes I've seen installers do that too... its embarrassing). Please lets all work together, OAK is a good thing for pellet stoves.

Stovelark
Enviro EF3 FS w/OAK
Enviro Empress FPI w/OA supplied because it works better
Enviro Kodiak 1700 FS wood w/no OA (below grade in the basement)

Status
Not open for further replies.