OAK

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Vinelife

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 31, 2010
Way Up North Michigan
I have an OAK installed on my Santa Fe. Been running now for 10 years. Its about a foot long and terminates at wall. How often and is it necessary to clean inside that OAK run ?? I've never done it. I'm assuming things like bugs and such can get it in there slowing air flow ?

I have an OAK installed on my Santa Fe. Been running now for 10 years. Its about a foot long and terminates at wall. How often and is it necessary to clean inside that OAK run ?? I've never done it. I'm assuming things like bugs and such can get it in there slowing air flow ?
No harm in checking it but, shouldn't really need to clean it. I have a screen on the outside on mine and check it occasionally to make sure its not clogged. Keeps bugs, rodents etc. out.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
I’ve never cleaned mine. But I probably should run a brush through it at the end of summer. Even with a screen it’s certainly possible to get a buildup of spider webs or anything that makes its way past.

Never fiddle with mine at all. It's screened and if any spiders get inside, I'm sure they get sucked into the combustion area with the draft.... This fall I did change the flex tubing from the wall to the stove inlet and it was perfectly clean.

Reactions: Vinelife