OCD taking bags off the stack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
76brian said:
Ken-H said:
How about OCD in tracking pellet usage. I log the pellets used, and the days average temperature in Excel. The spreadsheet calculates the average temperature and bags of pellets used for the last seven days.

I thought I was bad keeping it in my sig... I'm not sure how long I'd be able to keep a spreadsheet! Good idea though.

This being my first year I am tracking a lot of info. I printed a calender and log the number of hours each day that the stove is on and when I put another bag in the hopper. I then at the end of each month enter the number of hours and number of bags burned that month and compare it to Heating degree days based on a balance point of 65 deg F. I also update my sig every few days just for fun...

Ken-H said:
How about OCD in tracking pellet usage. I log the pellets used, and the days average temperature in Excel. The spreadsheet calculates the average temperature and bags of pellets used for the last seven days.

Mind sharing the excel file? Pretty please?

mepellet said:
Mind sharing the excel file? Pretty please?

Tried sharing, but it won't let me upload it as an XLS or ZIP. Only images are allowed.

76brian said:
Ken-H said:

I thought I was bad keeping it in my sig... I'm not sure how long I'd be able to keep a spreadsheet! Good idea though.

so, just what is one step above OCD?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.