Odd issue - Breckwell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jstmarie

Nov 2, 2013
Dudley MA
I'm a pellet stove owner of about 5 or 6 years now. I have two, both Breckwell's; a P24 fireplace insert for the main house and a P4000 classic cast for the in-law apartment. I maintain my own stoves, including chimneys. I burned wood for a lot of years and decided to switch to pellet stove.

I've run my classic cast P4000 for about 3 years now. It has always run well with no issues. This season it began behaving oddly.

When the stove is first plugged in, both the combustion and the convection blowers turn on. I don't have to hit the on button as this happens automatically, which is very unusual. The stove starts a fire just fine and runs just fine. When the stove is turned off neither fan turns off and the stove never shuts down.

I replaced the POF switch in hopes it was stuck, but this did not change the behavior of the stove. I have verified it is in Manual mode.

At this point I'm thinking it is the controller, but at near $300 I'm loath to swap it out without exhausting all other possibilities, including perhaps repairing the controller if needed (I have a background in electronics and could probably hack my way through some soldering if needed).

Would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks

Take one wire off the low limit switch. If it fires up when you plug it in you have a bad board.

Reactions: smwilliamson
Man it sucks when a company sells parts for more than 1 can buy the stoves used.

Status
Not open for further replies.