1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Of all days to take the car to work!

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by rdust, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdust

rdust Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    On my way to work this morning I spotted a nice pile of oak(I believe) on the side of the road. I noticed the tree was marked a while back so I knew it would be taken down at some point. The trunk was still full length and the other pieces were stacked on top, I'm hoping something will be left after work so I can hook up the truck and trailer for a load.

I never even paid attention to this stuff before I put in a stove and started hanging out on this site! I thought to myself "I can just tell work I'm going to be late and go get the truck and trailer for a load". :)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jj3500

jj3500 Member

Loc:
    Orange County, N.Y. Southeast corner.
    Yeah....I'm in the same situation now. I have a distinct awareness of dead standing trees and the sound of saws running. Its funny, its like a dinner bell going off (the saws screaming).
  3. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    It would seem it is the day for that. I no sooner got to the office in my wife's car before my tree guy called and said he has a load ready for me to pick up.
  4. LLigetfa

LLigetfa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Ontario
    To me it sounds more like a mating call.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.