official "help corie get to reno thread"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can update the graph tonight when I get home or tomorrow morning. That is if Craig even gets his mail tomorrow.

I want to see you do a cameo on "Reno 911," Corie.

BTW, I specified that my contribution is for "beer." So don't let Craig try to tell you different.

bruce56bb said:
no mention of the mustang ranch?

The "Ranch" went out of business. The remaining artifacts were sold at a bankruptcy auction.

[quote author="BrotherBart" date="1171423027
The "Ranch" went out of business. The remaining artifacts were sold at a bankruptcy auction.[/quote]

bb, i don't want to know how you learned of this;)

bruce56 said:
bb, i don't want to know how you learned of this;)

Ah. Read it in the paper. Yeah. That's it! I read it in the paper.

Actually the Feds busted them on racketeering and tax fraud charges.

Craig, I mailed out a check today. If you do not recieve it in a day or so, please let me know.

Getting there. $461 as of 5 pm today.

*** 2/14/07 - we're now at $506. ***

Bump back up - today - thursday - another $125.00 making a total of 626. That's more than the round trip airfare, but he still needs a room and some incidentals.....and maybe an education badge. I know a bunch more is on the way - but if you have not given...and are thinking about it - do it by either mailing or send by paypal to [email protected]

Wait up folks +125 brings the total up to $631. As of last night we've past the half-way mark and Corie may actually have a room to sleep in! Thank all and keep those donations coming in. This is going to be THE event of the spring.

Craig I am going to pay pal you a sum. If I can contriute there is no reason many others can't. This has been the worst winter work wise for me ever.
normally snow ploying augments the funds this year 3" of snow and $1200 put into the plow truck. I normally make 4 to 6K plowing this year the first driveway the other day I broke the plow in this heavy crap sheared the swing cylinder off. I think I lucked out and found a used replacement for $50. There is no inside work there are no inspections. I have work scheduled when I can dig in the ground which frost deeper every day. . I'm trying to make it to April without being swamped under owning too much. If one wants to know why I post here easy answer no work

How many people have contributed, BG? Maybe if you post the number of donors (and maybe the average donation), others will be inspired.

I didn't kick in very much, but I figured that if a sufficient number of other people didn't kick in very much, Corie would get to Reno and back in style.

Craig will have to provide that information. I just get the evening tallies. I kicked in $50 if that helps. Wish the show wasn't at tax time, but the way I see it this is a rare opportunity.

Eric Johnson said:
How many people have contributed, BG? Maybe if you post the number of donors (and maybe the average donation), others will be inspired.

I didn't kick in very much, but I figured that if a sufficient number of other people didn't kick in very much, Corie would get to Reno and back in style.

Craig is a poor keeper of records, but I do have all the donations here - just have to start a list. Worse yet, people are often donating in their real names (of course) or their paypal names, etc.....so don't shoot me if I get them wrong.

I will post the list over the weekend. I will not list amounts since $10 to one person can be the same as $200 to another.

As far as amount to give, $10 is welcome as is anything else. I threw in $250 to start just because I am the only one making money from this web site...and I think Corie is very unique in being an educated young person who wants to enter this industry. Once he becomes a bigwig, I am certain he will persuade the boss to promote on Hearth.com (selfish far-off motivation)

I will go to the mailbox soon and report in later with todays total. We are definitely getting there. I would rather have new people donate than go back to the well of the existing donors! I also have not yet tried very hard....an email to our Forum membership would definitely do the job of pulling us over the top. I'll get that out this weekend.

Woo Hoo! Now we're cookin'!

Had a question that folks should be aware of. We are, of course, not a registered IRS non-profit which means that large donations are not tax-deductible. Although for smaller amounts, I am not certain if the tax return insists that the "charity" be registered. So, ask your accountant or simply take it. Or, add the amount to that blank receipt you got from St. Pauls when you gave them a bag of clothes.

Webmaster said:
Had a question that folks should be aware of. We are, of course, not a registered IRS non-profit which means that large donations are not tax-deductible. Although for smaller amounts, I am not certain if the tax return insists that the "charity" be registered. So, ask your accountant or simply take it. Or, add the amount to that blank receipt you got from St. Pauls when you gave them a bag of clothes.

Or just suck it up and send this young man to Reno.

PS: Corie stay away from the Six Gun Motel there. Long story. Large guy with a twelve gauge shotgun robbing the office. BB happening to be in his exit path at the moment. Worst fight of my life.

Outcome: Book him Danno. Reno cops are jerks. Wouldn't let me keep the twelve gauge for a souvenir.

$811 today. This is totally awesome. Keep it coming folks, were on the home stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.