Oggie likes the new Hampton in the kitchen!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tfdchief

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2009
Tuscola, IL
myplace.frontier.com
My Oggie is getting old and has a bit of arthritis. She loves the heat and is real fond of her new spot in front of the new Hampton in the kitchen. I have to make her move to reload. I had just closed the door when she reclaimed her spot.

Attachments

• Stove and Oggie 2.jpg
    Stove and Oggie 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 505
tfdchief said:
My Oggie is getting old and has a bit of arthritis. She loves the heat and is real found of her new spot in front of the new Hampton in the kitchen. I have to make her move to reload. I had just closed the door when she reclaimed her spot.

Looks nice tfdchief, is there room for another.

zap

Great looking install, enjoy it.

zapny said:
tfdchief said:
My Oggie is getting old and has a bit of arthritis. She loves the heat and is real found of her new spot in front of the new Hampton in the kitchen. I have to make her move to reload. I had just closed the door when she reclaimed her spot.

Looks nice tfdchief, is there room for another.

zap
Thanks Zap. "is there room for another" stove or dog? :)

loon said:
Great picture chief ;-) :)

Oggie looks pretty darn comfy :coolsmile:

loon
Yeah, we are pretty good buddies, so if she wants the prime spot, I let her have it. She can't run my splitter though ;-P

SolarAndWood said:
Great looking install, enjoy it.
Thanks, Solar. That one is my wife's.....her idea, start to finish. (I just provided the labor and materials :) ) Mine is the old Buck in the fireplace in the living room.

tfdchief said:
loon said:
Great picture chief ;-) :)

Oggie looks pretty darn comfy :coolsmile:

loon
Yeah, we are pretty good buddies, so if she wants the prime spot, I let her have it. She can't run my splitter though ;-P

Murphy woulda been more than happy to show her chief :cheese:

DSC09500-1.jpg

Terry

tfdchief said:
My Oggie is getting old and has a bit of arthritis. She loves the heat and is real fond of her new spot in front of the new Hampton in the kitchen. I have to make her move to reload. I had just closed the door when she reclaimed her spot.

God bless her. Terrier/mix?

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
tfdchief said:

God bless her. Terrier/mix?
Yes, mostly Jack Russel. We aren't sure. She was lost or dumped and we took her in. From the first day when I bathed her 4 times with flea shampoo to kill all her fleas, fed her, made her a nice bed to sleep in, it was like she knew......."I finally found HOME!" and she has given us so much ever since, that I don't know what I am going to do when she dies. Hope they don't have to bury me too. :-S

Murphy woulda been more than happy to show her chief
Dang loon, I wish he could have. I know it must be really hard. But at least you have Emma. We tried to have another one so that when Oggie died, it wouldn't be so hard, but that didn't work out. Here she is....Maggie (and Oggie) while we had her.

Attachments

• Maggie & Oggie.jpg
    Maggie & Oggie.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 408
That's got to feel good to your wife. The stove looks great. Are you loading the stove now chief? How's the back doing?

BeGreen said:
That's got to feel good to your wife. The stove looks great. Are you loading the stove now chief? How's the back doing?
Yes, she was home yesterday (sitting in the chair on the left in the pic) because her RA got the better of her, and she spent a lot of time in front of the stove. It was not really cold enough to keep it going all day, but she insisted. And yes, I have figured out how to squat down without bending to much and I can lift a split or two. My son moved wood into the wood shed, and I can get it from there, one or two at a time. The Dr. probably wouldn't like it, but it actually feels good. I am a lot stronger and don't hurt to much. I have a Dr. appointment Monday........and I hope he is going to lift my restrictions a bit. I will let everyone know when I get back on Monday, just been waiting for this appointment before I did.
Thanks, Steve

tfdchief said:

Chief, nothing like sharing a warm fire on a cool night with your best friend. They are about the most loyal companion on earth. My big boy just turned 6 about 2 weeks ago. I have been fortunate to have a number of best friends over the years. This guy is going to be, by far, the hardest to say good bye to when that dreaded time comes. He will be my last as @ my age it gets harder and harder to say good bye. you have to enjoy the most everyday that you have them. So throw another log on the fire and enjoy.

rottiman said:
tfdchief said:

Chief, nothing like sharing a warm fire on a cool night with your best friend. They are about the most loyal companion on earth. My big boy just turned 6 about 2 weeks ago. I have been fortunate to have a number of best friends over the years. This guy is going to be, by far, the hardest to say good bye to when that dreaded time comes. He will be my last as @ my age it gets harder and harder to say good bye. you have to enjoy the most everyday that you have them. So throw another log on the fire and enjoy.
Yes, rottiman, you are so right, and it is so hard. It gets worse for me each time, but I don't think I would be the same person had we not been friends!

I know what you mean. I had a tortie cat for 16 years that was my best friend. I thought there would be nothing like her and my life would be bereft of that friendship and comfort. But, while I miss her terribly, I also thought the best tribute I could make to her memory was to do the best I could for another cat in need... or two... And, surprise, I now have 5 wonderful friends, each different but wonderful in their own way, enriching my life beyond measure.

Pets and woodstoves . . . just like peanut butter and jelly . . . apple pie and ice cream . . . Abbot and Costello . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.