1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

oily substance underneath versa grate motor

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by kserr, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kserr

kserr Member

Loc:
    western Ma
    I'm a new user of a St. Croix EXP.We took the side panel off the stove to view the versa grate motor and saw a little bit of oil or grease underneath the tiny little motor. It was moving and seems to be working fine but should I be concerned for future problems? All I can think of is when a car leaks oil its usually a seal.. :-/

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mkmh

mkmh New Member

Loc:
    Southern, Maine
    Pretty sure this part is "lubed" at the factory, so I would not be concerned about it. You may be seeing some "spill-over" from that.
    I hit mine every year with some anti-seize, as per the manual. Might want to make a point of checking it in a month or so, but I would not be worried about it.
  3. Xena

Xena Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Shore MA
    Again, no worries here either. Mine too has a tiny oil spot under the motor.
    There are a few little things in there that get lubrication as mkmh said.
  4. kserr

kserr Member

Loc:
    western Ma
    Thanks for the reassurance I'll keep my eye on it. Also does anyone have the customer service number for StCroix? I can't find it on the website or in my owners manual. Also do they speak English? Or am I patched over to India :coolgrin:
  5. krooser

krooser Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waupaca, WI
    Shut the door and enjoy the heat!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.