Ok class can you tell me what is wrong with this wood stove and the wall? Sorry about the blurry pi

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
stoveguy2esw said:
Todd said:
Wonder what the chimney looks like?

chimney???? do ya think there is one , i was figuring a picture of some single wall elbowed out a window

Only if the window is UL listed.

I bet if you fire that sucker up you would get some good fumes off the paneling!

cmonSTART said:
stoveguy2esw said:
Todd said:
Wonder what the chimney looks like?

chimney???? do ya think there is one , i was figuring a picture of some single wall elbowed out a window

Only if the window is UL listed.

seeing as how the paneling isnt charred i deduced the flue was an "out the window" termination hence no draft so the stove didnt work and the house is still standing

It's missing the lovely bouquet of greenery and flowers that it deserves as a planter.

kinsman stoves said:
What is wrong with the pictures?

Eric

Dude run...

Attachments

• BOMB_TECHNICIAN.jpg
    BOMB_TECHNICIAN.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 162
OK. Confession time. In the first new house we had built in 1977 I didn't have a fireplace built because I wanted a wood stove instead. Had a Franklin just like that one installed, by "pros", on a brick hearth built on top of the carpet with just one layer of brick behind against the paneling and it was damn near that close to custom ash paneling.

And burned that thing close to red hot a lot of times. It didn't know any other way to burn.

When I see that pic I just say "Been there, done that. Somehow lived through it.". :red:

BrotherBart said:
OK. Confession time. In the first new house we had built in 1977 I didn't have a fireplace built because I wanted a wood stove instead. Had a Franklin just like that one installed, by "pros", on a brick hearth built on top of the carpet with just one layer of brick behind against the paneling and it was damn near that close to custom ash paneling.

And burned that thing close to red hot a lot of times. It didn't know any other way to burn.

When I see that pic I just say "Been there, done that. Somehow lived through it.". :red:

The things we've done . . . or our parents have done . . . and we lived . . . constantly amazes me . . . like riding in the station wagon growing up . . . and never using seatbelts because that would make it too difficult to jump back and forth between the back seat and cargo area.

As for me . . . it was having a stove way, way too big for my camp . . . an improper pass-through and a chimney built out of stove-pipe that was way too short to have a good draft.

And for me growing up . . . it was my father stacking all the left-over cans of paint, aerosols and other items betweenthe wood furnace and oil furnace.

QUOTE: "The things we’ve done . . . or our parents have done . . . and we lived . . . constantly amazes me . . . like riding in the station wagon growing up . . . and never using seatbelts because that would make it too difficult to jump back and forth between the back seat and cargo area."

You had seatbelts? LOL. We didn't, and we used to lie on the rear package shelf in mom's '60 Chevy.

Lucky Phil said:
QUOTE: "The things we’ve done . . . or our parents have done . . . and we lived . . . constantly amazes me . . . like riding in the station wagon growing up . . . and never using seatbelts because that would make it too difficult to jump back and forth between the back seat and cargo area."

You had seatbelts? LOL. We didn't, and we used to lie on the rear package shelf in mom's '60 Chevy.

Child of the 70s and '80s . . . I'm thinking you might be a bit older than me . . . we had seatbelts back then . . . just no one used them.

Lucky Phil said:

Long highway road trips bouncing around in the back of a '65 Beetle. No seat belts to speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.