OK...here's the scenario

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maineteech

Hearth Supporter
Nov 22, 2008
Maine
I arrived home from work the other day to find that my wife had used her day off to take my pickup, drive to our dealer, and pick up our remaining 2 tons of pellets (one ton at a time, of course). She unloaded them herself into the garage. I can already hear the sighs from some of you husbands out there, believe me. "I'm taking you out to dinner tonight!" was my pleased reaction when I came home. She also got a nice back rub for her sore back. I went into the garage tonight to check the battery and assorted fluids on my snowmobile. Winter's on it's way here in Maine, you know, and I do a lot of snowmobiling. A lot. To my horror, it finally dawned on me that the pellets were proudly and neatly stacked directly in front of the garage door. The only means of removing the aforementioned snowmobile is through the garage door, of course. The pellets are also stacked on pallets, so it's not quite as simple as removing a few bags to make a convenient hole to drive through. Alas. I'm sure you can hear my sighs by now. My back hurts.

She hauled them and stacked them for you. For this you should be thankful.

The fact that she processed no logic in determining their placement is just "one of those things" that will remain a mystery.

I could tell you stories....

for 20 bucks take your truck to the nearest rental and get a pallet jack for an hour :)

Hitch a chain to the pallet and pull it out of the way!

ResOps said:
for 20 bucks take your truck
to the nearest rental and get a pallet jack for an hour :)

Sounds like easiest route from point A to point B t' me!

Get yourself the best divorce attorney money can buy!!!

Cut holes in all the bags and drive over them like snow :)

Some good advice and some bad advice. I'll take the matter under advisement and let you know what I decide. I have a 15-year-old son, and haven't done very much to make his life miserable today. I'm leaning toward taking a Sawzall and making a new garage door. You know, just in case I need to escape from the garage at a later date...probably when the neighbor sees that I've been emptying my ash vac and burying my empty pellet bags in his back yard.

You all knew I would have to answer.....

I would have her restack ASAP. If you are going to do something, do it right the first time. I would bet my weight in beer that she did that on porpose.

No excuses. I would make her restack.

I am the King of my castle.....................When She is not there.

Eric

It crossed my mind that it was done on purpose....but I just bought her a new helmet so she could go snowmobiling with me every now and then. That sounds like a fun time, doesn't it? Riding around in the cold, bouncing up and down on trails, peeing in the woods in 2 feet of snow? Women like to do that sort of thing, right? The only thing that would be more enjoyable on a cold winter morning would be sitting on a frozen lake fishing for trout and salmon.

maineteech said:
It crossed my mind that it was done on purpose....but I just bought her a new helmet so she could go snowmobiling with me every now and then. That sounds like a fun time, doesn't it? Riding around in the cold, bouncing up and down on trails, peeing in the woods in 2 feet of snow? Women like to do that sort of thing, right? The only thing that would be more enjoyable on a cold winter morning would be sitting on a frozen lake fishing for trout and salmon.

Last time a checked (have done so often) you can drink beer in the cold.

All is good. Unless you have to squat to pee. She did it on purpose.

Eric

You guys are TOO funny! My bets are on that her heart was in the right place, trying to lighten her man's load, mixed with a little Freudian logic (peeing in the woods wearing cover-alls is an art form most women lack motivation to master). I'm unusual in the way that early morning ice-fishing sounds perfect. I'm also properly motivated to have mastered the art of peeing in a horse stall without getting my Carharts wet!
I'm thinking she's a good woman to have gotten the back rub before you discovered the ill-placed pellet pallets!

kinsman stoves said:
You all knew I would have to answer.....

I would have her restack ASAP. If you are going to do something, do it right the first time. I would bet my weight in beer that she did that on porpose.

No excuses. I would make her restack.

I am the King of my castle.....................When She is not there.

Eric

I hafta kinda go along with Eric, BUT, really not enough snow for decent riding yet, so I would give her a week to get it done, tell her to take her time and not hurt herself this time. BUT, that's just my opinion.

"ill-placed pellet pallets"

Lass442, your post made a lot of sense, but as soon as I tried to say the above quote quickly three times, I got a headache and forgot the rest of what you said. I've never really mastered alliteration. Hossthehermit...your advice is sound, and your signature is the best one on this whole forum. Eric, your advice is meaningful and well-thought-out, as usual. You are wise, my friend.

Well after all, the main topic is ill-placed pellet pallets, not my self-disclosure re: mastery of awkward elimination techniques.
I say you and your wife move the pellets together... that way you can exchange back rubs later. Team effort!

lass442 said:
Well after all, the main topic is ill-placed pellet pallets, not my self-disclosure re: mastery of awkward elimination techniques.
I say you and your wife move the pellets together... that way you can exchange back rubs later. Team effort!

spoken like a true woman

rayttt said:
lass442 said:

spoken like a true woman

And that's a GOOD thing, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.