Ok I need more help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

If we can attract the press and get decent coverage, then I need a few samples of bio bricks and compressed logs with literature stating claims? A couple super cedar startes wouldn't hurt either Thomas what do you say, interested? Lets do this right put the best possible spin we can. Begreen what was the best ones you tested? That's the ones I need I need to put them in the hands of the reporters. Im also thinking of bringing along my electric splitter. What could be more enviormentally friendler? Plus so that all participating members can see it in action and demo it.
Any other Ideas? Zeta this is not men only.

If there's a lot of press coverage, does that mean less beer?

Any thoughts on a time yet?

harley the press coverage or interest may dictate the timing. As for beer we may have to wait till they leave. or the first round at Toms tavern is on me

Elk...
Decide how you want to approach it...Is it to "raise awareness of more responsible burning" or is it "neighbor helping neighbor?" or both...If you need some "media coverage"...I may be able to help in that dept.

Perhaps a little TV coverage...let me know...

KEyman expect a pm tonight and or PM me you # phone so we can talk

OK - when you hear the schedule and timing.... keep us posted.... If I can get out that way, I may be able to bring an extra set of hands if needed.

The HomeFire Prest-Logs are also made in MA. You can get them locally, sold, in Leominster, MA. at Hearthwise. http://www.hearthwise.com. They had the longest burn and highest btus/lbs.. The Northern Idaho Energy Logs were the best value and second to the HomeFires for btus/ lb. But they aren't sold in your region to my knowledge. I haven't been able to get a hold of the Bear Mtn. product yet. In your neck of the woods I would go with the HomeFires or the BioBricks or BioPellets.

If you go with the Homefires, re-read the wiki and don't put in too many or you'll be learning what overfire really means. I'd try three for starters, but only in a cold stove. If the stove has a bed of coals, then no more than two.

I wouldn't promote any one particular brand unless your getting paid to do so, and if you are, full disclosure is in order.

Let me know when you have a date, I will see if Harley will let me hitch a ride out!

Hard Woods said:
Let me know when you have a date, I will see if Harley will let me hitch a ride out!

I could do that once we have a solid date and time.... still depends on my schedule, which is a little tight nowadays.

I wish you guys were doing this next week! haha

I'd love to take a drive to MA, maybe I could even swing a visit to Woodstock Soapstone before heading back. Oh well.

PS - You guys better take a lot more pictures than I did.

Fuel prices are rising fuel oil has passed $2.60 per gal. the news is covering this claim it is to to refinery's shut down of maintiances
and a short fall of supplies. As Prices edge towards $3 you can bet there will be renewed interest in wood/ pellets this Fall. should a catagory 3 hurricane appear and make land fall in the gulf or Carolinas expect things go nuts. Pellet folks might not be a bad idea to get you supplies befor July. Wood scroungers timing is everything don't put it off too long Katrina Pushed seasoned wood over $300 here Man do I wish I had the money, and cleaned out Home Depot of stoves including an NC-30 for under $400

,This is my oppinion if we can create positive public oppinion, that we wood burners are eclolgically sensitive. using bio renewable fuel. alternative wood burning looks better and better every cent the fuel prices rise. We can burry the anti wood stove thinking under an avalanch of public oppinion support..

there is more than just this one anti smoke site. The issue is larger that their punny site. You know trans fats are getting banned cigeretts banned OWB banned
IT is not a reach smoke gets banned and not a reach the same people that got cigeretts banned employ the same tatics and studies and apply it to anti wood burning smoke. Tonight I am going to post links to positive information about the impacts and befits of wood/ pellet stoves for heating

As we attract press we should be putting the best possible face here. The Next newbie looking into a new stove could be someone like Katie evaluating our knowledge and responses Would we really want to direct her to burning issues debate? Think about things. think before reacting. Yeah it was fun poking at those anti smoke people./ It will be no fun if they gather up public support and awareness enhancing their cause be they be right or wrong. This message will self destruct by the end of the day as will other ones addressing these people
At some point they will find us particularly if we keep prodding them and there is imformation here they can twist

Corie said:
I wish you guys were doing this next week! haha

I'd love to take a drive to MA, maybe I could even swing a visit to Woodstock Soapstone before heading back. Oh well.

PS - You guys better take a lot more pictures than I did.

If I get my way you can watch it on TV read about in the papers hell If we get that coverage I want you here put you front center
explaining modern combustion technology emphasising clean burning explaining your part in helping others Rob too if it is possible..

I feel this is two part one to enhance public awareness promoting clean safe burning ,but with press coverage, The more
the better.. It is a lot easier to attract more manufactures to get involved. we can help many others.

Elk and all. This is fantastic. I really wish I could be out there with you guys/gals. The energy that you are putting towards not only "helping your neighbor", but the emphasis that you are applying to the "responsible burning" aspect is spot on. You and the group have my best regards for approaching both subjects that are near and dear to me. I sure hope someone drinks a beer for me when you get to the pub.

Jags said:
I sure hope someone drinks a beer for me when you get to the pub.

Well, if some HAS to do it.... I'll be the selfless one and drink a beer for you Jags :)

Harley said:
Jags said:
I sure hope someone drinks a beer for me when you get to the pub.

Well, if some HAS to do it.... I'll be the selfless one and drink a beer for you Jags :)

WHOOO HOOO! but truth be told, I'd probably like 2 or 3.

Elk....

This may be a stupid question, and I'm sure you already covered this base, but are the recipients of the stove OK with press coverage? To be honest... I'm not sure how I would feel about it myself.

Oh, and Jags.... I can cover that ;-)

What about the weather for Saturday? This morning CBS was calling for 6-10" of the white stuff in and around Boston. :eek:hh: And it hit 70* today........ :smirk:

all things are on hold to see till there some commitments from the media Also these new owners were told ther would be media coverage
the actual model is Century FW270007NB

Just my opinion... still trying to move things around to make Sat to work, and still not sure yet. But if you have everything in place, and the weather cooperates with some snow.... I think that would make a pretty good back-drop for the coverage.

I may have to re-think that last statement - calling for 12"+ in my area.... 3-6" down by hardwoods area.... but probably not too bad out toward the cape (hopefully its not ice). any update on the media front, Elk?

plann on next weekend at the earliest Its not going to happen more time to solicit media coverage

update all major Boston news outlets have been notified ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox Boston Globe,Boston Herald,Partiot Ledger, and Sun Chronical. On the national stage Cbs Katie Couric
The political sceen the govonor's office the local sen and reps. Federal Sen Kenedy and Kerry rep Ed Markey who asked to phone in the details I have not contacted the national ABC and NBC good morining America 20/20 60/minutes night line or others yet. and local the New England news network. The media comitment will dictate the timing. Local channel 5 boston ABC,
one reporter lives in my town and I do remodeling at her home, she says she can get in touch with the national outlets in NY that leaves NBC, which I will contact tomorrow

I have the permit application here ready to submit and I have talked to the local inspector about the installation I have to empty my PM box again as it is bing clos to being filled

Status
Not open for further replies.