ok more help..almost there

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
OK I started over on my 025 Carb..I turned the l and la screw all the way in..I then turned the l screw out 1 turn...it fired right up and almost idled..but the idle screw is turned in all the way...what next?

if the idle screw is all the way in no fuel will pass through it.. Sorry i don't know how far out to turn it off the top of my head

Turn it back to where you started warm the saw up good wot in the wood. This will make it easier to idle then adjust from there.

OK I got it idling but now no oil...oil is coming out...running down the saw..just not going down the bar..oil hole is not plugged..if it ain't one thing its another

steeltowninwv said:
OK I got it idling but now no oil...oil is coming out...running down the saw..just not going down the bar..oil hole is not plugged..if it ain't one thing its another

I am pretty sure on the 025 it will pump oil at an idle NO ISSUE THERE!

No I'm saying there is no oil going down the bar when I run throttled

smokinjay said:
steeltowninwv said:

There is if none of it is getting on the bar

on most if it is leaking while running the line from the oilier is bad where it connects to the oilier.. If it leaks as it sits not running it is the seal from the tank to the oilier...

southbound said:
smokinjay said:
steeltowninwv said:

There is if none of it is getting on the bar

At an idle sence thats what he is working on its just going to load up and run off. Now if you pull the trigger it will run down the bar and oil the chain. Just a tid-bit if you will. This is why you dont let some saw ilde alot. Now a 260 and up the oil will not pump at ilde. (He is working on the ilde screw)

Got the oiler problem fixed..duh had bar on wrong...I'm stillfihhting this Carb though..getting better..but floods out

OK..so last try got it idling but when I got in the throttle it hesitated so I backed off and it still idled...when I stayed in the throttle it loaded up and died..which way to turn l screw?

steeltowninwv said:
OK..so last try got it idling but when I got in the throttle it hesitated so I backed off and it still idled...when I stayed in the throttle it loaded up and died..which way to turn l screw?

Now you need to lean it out a little on the high side H screw to the left if you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.