1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Okanagan Quality

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Salty, Nov 9, 2012.

1. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    What else you got on the test list? And what the heck happened to the test thread and getting us a sticky for posting? I'd like to see what your stuff posted where we can go look at it!

I have only 3 brands so far. The mills haven't sent me anything(cheaped out). Woodpellet reviews loads of them.I guess they like his reviews better? I only have what I could round up locally. Lack of time and cash(bought too many new toys) has nicked me this season. Not to mention I can't get in the mode this year. I'd rather be bass fishing to tell you the whole truth!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Branson4720

Branson4720 Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Quabbin Watershed, Massachusetts
    I had to look at each photo twice to believe what I was seeing! Absolutely unacceptable!
  3. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    From the pics in Salty's first post, I have to say there's more than just a 'fines' issue,.... those pellets look to have either got wet,.. (swelling and falling apart),... or a more likely scenario is improper binder/dust mixture.
  4. IHATEPROPANE

IHATEPROPANE Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NoPellettons, MA
    This is all I have come across this year. If I find some others I will test them next spring. I have some stuff from last year that I am not sure I still have. My computer decided to not to turn on one day and I may have lost all that stuff. Is there a spot for me to post that chart? If so I would gladly do it. There was some talk about starting a pellet sticky but that idea has appeared to have died down
  5. Fish On

Fish On Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    The other Cape..
    Again mine look the same and I was alarmed also, but they still burn awesome!

I'm only glad I only got half a ton, I will take a picture of old batch next to the new.

The sad thing is when we are paying for the best we think we will have the greatest pellet, my cubex last year were awful, I was the unlucky one who got the bad batch, but they stand by there product and actual called me, and my dealer switched a Ton out for a new batch.
  6. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    You could post you chart in the pellet sticky link section for now(see link).

http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/pellet-forum-sticky-links.52718/

I tried looking for the thread. Its way back somewhere. Having a seperate tab on top would be cool. If the mods agree?
  7. hotdawg

hotdawg Member

Loc:
    Central, MA
    My bad!;em

Imagine though, 10K BTUS!