Old Dovre being replaced

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Dang messed up with tapatalk.

Explorer II finally in, curing paint now. Still need to finish drywall but we saved a lot by doing the stone ourselves.

Loving the heat so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Attachments

• Old Dovre being replaced
    16923436c726b84b744930dfb8d54663.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Just in time. That's a good looking stove.

Just in time. That's a good looking stove.

Thank you, wish I had it last night, but today is better than never

Green I know you are an expert here from my learking around. Is my thermostat in the right place? And when should my blower kick on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thermostat location is fine. I would let the stove warm up before turning on the blower. Let the fire get well established and with the air turned down enough for good secondary combustion.

The thermostat location is fine. I would let the stove warm up before turning on the blower. Let the fire get well established and with the air turned down enough for good secondary combustion.

Ok thanks, quad doesn't say at what temp the blower comes on with the snap disk, ill figure it out I'm sure

The rating is on the snap-disk. Typically it's around 120 or 140º. When it comes on will vary with the snap-switch location and how long it takes the stove body to heat up to temp at that location. Could be 30 minutes on a cold start of the stove.

Last edited:
The rating is on the snap-disk. Typically it's around 120 or 140º. When it comes on will vary with the snap-switch location and how long it takes the stove body to heat up to temp at that location. Could be 30 minutes on a cold start of the stove.

Found the problem with the snap disk, it was on the heat shield not the stove, moved and came right on

Last edited:
Ok next update started work on the back wall. Yes it's wood, yes we are well past the clearance. Liking the look so far

Old Dovre being replaced