old home made stove, copied from some fisher model

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is single wall any damper will work. If it was me i would get a cheap peice of snap lock pipe and put the telescoping section up higher just to try it before drilling an expensive piece of pipe. See if it works and if it does help then put it in the telescoping section just make sure you put it in a spot that still allows the pipe to collapse enough to get out

ok that makes sense to me. since i use the flue temp to judge when to start backing off the air for secondary burn, i guess i need to see if its possible to install it up above the 18 inches where the thermometer sits? or just move the thermometer and readjust the way i read it, since it could be higher or lower depending on where i move it, or on which side the damper is from it.

ok that makes sense to me. since i use the flue temp to judge when to start backing off the air for secondary burn, i guess i need to see if its possible to install it up above the 18 inches where the thermometer sits? or just move the thermometer and readjust the way i read it, since it could be higher or lower depending on where i move it, or on which side the damper is from it.
You want the thermometer a couple inches above the damper

I have to ask are you planning on replacing the drolet with that old beast? If so why would you do such a thing?

no, remember i said that old metal stove is going out in the shop. No im pretty proud of the drolet, couldnt get any better for me, unless maybe if it had slabs of soapstone all over it.

no, remember i said that old metal stove is going out in the shop. No im pretty proud of the drolet, couldnt get any better for me, unless maybe if it had slabs of soapstone all over it.
I missed that or forgot it or something. But good that would be stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.