Old Maple Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I have a man coming over tomorrow who use to ski on our property when he was a kid with the previous owner in the winter so I had to check the trails to make sure they were open since he wants to see it.

Once I made it up top this old sugar maple was down from the last winds we had, looks like I should be able to get some wood out of it. Pic 4123 is whats left standing.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4120.jpg
    100_4120.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_4121.jpg
    100_4121.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 308
  • 100_4122.jpg
    100_4122.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 315
  • 100_4123.jpg
    100_4123.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 315
Looks like a nice chunk of wood. Those woods look like they were cleared at some time?. must be pretty in the winter with the pines and the openness.

Mad Tom, I think the woods were logged off once. Yes the pines are nice during the winter.

zap

that maple looks like a grandpa...but judging by the age of the other trees, must be the children of this grandpa got logged off ( like you was sayin). gramps must have been a bit to old and nasty to make the cut. Much of my land is the same. Hopefully grandpa left you with some maple grandchildren.

Yes, there are some old stumps at Zaps but you can tell it was a long long time ago. He has a beautiful woods and certainly will never be in want for wood.

From what I have been told a very large portion of the Adirondacks were logged out years ago. Much of the woods is pretty young. Is that right ZAP?

do any peaks run through your property zap? or any hiking trails?

Nice pics.
Looks like it was a heavy sucker. It took out quit a few smaller trees.

ecocavalier02 said:
do any peaks run through your property zap? or any hiking trails?

eco, our property is in the foothills of the Adirondacks so it is more like hills, trails all through our property.

bogydave, some of that stuff was down but it did take some new stuff down.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.