Old VC cat w/pics (never fired)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldlogdog

Hearth Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
S.W. MO
Acquired this stove 1.5 yrs ago, started cutting wood and reading on the forums. After some major clean up (rust), replacing a few parts (rusted), and a lot of reading here I did the install.

I have now been burning a month or so and am very pleased. Heating 1600 ft. I know my successful install and essentially trouble free first month of burning are due to all of you. MANY THANKS

Still have a lot to learn but I know a great place to do that. Very entertaining forum.

Now if the old VC cat will just hold up....

Attachments

• Old VC cat w/pics (never fired)
    IMG_2505.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 287
    IMG_2509.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 290
    IMG_3111.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 296
    IMG_3187.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 300
Welcome to the Forum.Very Nice looking stove you got there. May you enjoy it in good health. Safe burning.

Beautiful stove and install. Keep a very watchful eye on those gaskets.

LOOKS great, keep it. It should serve you well from all I have read. I am using a VC Resolute that was used for about 5 or so years, then replaced with bigger stove and this stove stayed in garage for at least 15 years, it was bought in 1985 and she is cooking no smoke leakage, she heats up nicely, it is I who is deficient but getting better efficiency but I am getting the knack of this having never been a wood burner before.
Pretty stove, original color??

Yes this is the original color. It came with the red enamel pipe. I was short one piece to reach the ceiling. I about choked on the price from VC. Considered going with all black and not buying it, but wife
said we needed it. I am glad now I bit the bullet and bought it. Also have very happy wife. Happy wife happy life.

I Have the same stove. Mine is a slightly used also.
Where did you find it? Looks brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.