Hi to every one here. Ok where to start. I have an older Appalachian 52 wood stove with a 8" flue. I bought used in winter of 2009. Had a hard time burning in it. It seems to not get enough air to burn. Had a 6" flue and old brick chimney in the celling that was as old as the house is same where around 100 years old. From the time I bought the wood stove until part of 2010 it was hard to burn in. Now we use to burn with the non- air tight wood stove. We had a chimney fire do to creosote build up. So I bought a new SuperVent 8" chimney kit and 3 sections of 3' x 8" SuperVent pipe from Lowe's to replace my old chimney. The chimney is about 3' above the closest roof peak which is about 4' away and the next peak is about 20' away. Payed a chimney guy to come out to make sure it was installed right and I was told that the flue is 8" every thing has to be 8" for the wood stove. And the pipe runs straight up. It just want burn right. Dose any one know any thing about the Appalachian 52 ? I have to crack the door to get enough air to get the temperature up to 300 degrees and it takes 45 minutes or more to get there. I thought it meet be the catalyst but it has been removed by the original owner. 1) dose any one know any thing about the wood stove? Like how the air run through the wood stove. To me it looks like the air come in the bottom front middle right beside the fan and ash pan and come out on the right and left side of the door. How to burn wood in it North Sorth or East West. How close to the door can the wood be. Can the wood be over the ash hole? 2) If I add more chimney pipe. how much to add, how tall is to much, do I need a chimney guy? 3) What is a good wood moisture meter device and how much is it going to cost? 4) It could be the wood. It is so hard to find any one honest or knows what they are doing to buy from. I have got most of my wood from craigs list.