older blazeking stove temps?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdscj8

Feb 19, 2009
Eastern,Nebraska
Hello, i've been reading different posts on here for about a week but nothing about my problem. I have a blazeking KEF 403 king model insert no cat its a older model we have never ckecked the stove or pipe temp before, but after reading on here i thought i should because i had liquid running out of the pipe. This is our only heat sorce i got a bit concerned. I cut my own wood from our timber, i burn 3 year old wood oak, walnut, mulbury, hack, and elm. And i found that to keep my pipe temp up to 400-500, my stove temp is running between 850 and 950 is that normal on these older stoves. Or do i need to keep the pipe temp that hot. I can't find any info on this old of a stove. Blazeking couldn't tell me much because its a out of producion model for liability, but they did tell me about hearth.com and maybe someone on here could help. I have 8" black pipe comming out of the stove 36" then makes a 90 then goes to a 8" insulated double wall pipe the rest of the way, 3 1/2 foot to another 90 then goes 30 foot up. We have a 2100sf old farm house from the 1860's (no insulation in the walls and old windows) tonight its -5 out side with a 45 mph wind and its 110 degrees in the stove room and 90 on the rest of the main floor and up stairs. I hope someone can give me a little info there seems to be a lot of good advice on here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.