Older Englander Stove Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugboy

Mar 5, 2007
north-central Kansas
I have an older Englander woodstove (model 28 DDFPFS) that came with the house. It is not currently connected and I am wanting to reconnect the pipe and chimney and get it going again. My questions are:

#1 Is this brand/model any good? It looks to be pretty well made and has seen almost no use. The previous owner said they unhooked it because it didn't "heat the house".

#2 The flue exit is out the back (8") and I was going to use DuraVent DVL pipe to run up to the chimney. Will I need to get their stove adapter (if so should I get the one with the damper?)? or will their "T" hook up to it?

#3 Above the stove is a steel box that goes into the attic (cathedral ceiling). It looks like the chimney (triple wall) that was left here (laying over by the barn) goes into that steel box. It looks like a separate galvanized section of pipe extends down into the ceiling box and then the 8" stove pipe goes into that galvanized section and extends down into the living room. Does all of this sound like it would meet code?

#4 How would I connect the DVL up to the existing chimney?

I'm new at all of this and don't want to burn the house down.

Paging stoveguy2esw. Call in the lobby for stoveguy2esw.

Mike should be along soon to help you out. He is the customer service manager for England's Stove Works and probably the guy that welded your stove together way back when. And a regular here on the Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.