older jamestown j1000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tStewart

Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
boise idaho
I have an older jamestown j1000 the serial number starts with 5000 the stove runs but the fan is getting noisey and the hi lo switch is broken. I am using the stove someone has been messing with the agger speed and blower speed on the control board itself and I dialed it in to where it is burning cleaner. When I called jamestown parts for a new blower and convection motor she had never seen one like mine where one motor works both. She was also surprised when I told her about my controls and that I have no air adjustment. my question is has anyone seen an old stove like this one, am I giong to have to completely rebuild it to update or try to find another for parts or completely replace when it eventualy quits working. I went a little crazy with the rtv sealent in the pics.

Attachments

• stoveMotor.jpg
    stoveMotor.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 522
  • contols.jpg
    contols.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 520
  • stove.jpg
    stove.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 527
I'm sure one of the moderators will move this to the pellet forum, so expect a move. Welcome to the hearth. Looking at your picture you are certainly talking about an old stove. The reason you are getting a vague answer from Jamestown is they are a Canadian company now and do not support the US made stoves. There should be folk you can give you direction, but parts will be a serious issue and may not be available at all or need to be fabricated. Costs may be more than the stove is worth, but hold on the calvary is coming.

What a shame that a JAMESTOWN stove would be made outside the US! (Jamestown being the first permanent English settlement in N. America and resulting in the current USofA.)

Hope you get the help you are seeking!

Status
Not open for further replies.