Older Napoleon 1100p (yr2000) firebrick knowledge needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro5oh

Aug 19, 2008
downeast Maine
Hello again all. Just picked up a used 1100p for next years switch back to wood. Going over the stove, I have found that instead of the molded fiberboard baffles it has firebricks in place, doubled in fact.

My questions are:

-Were these assembled this way (firebrick baffle) early and a switch to the fiberboard came later in production?

-The fiberboard is 1" thick, 2 layered rows of firebrick is about 2 1/4" thick leaving about 2" between the top of the firebrick to the roof of the stove. So I'm concerned with that air space being smaller.

-If firebrick was used, was it 1 layer or 2?

-Is there any benefits to using fiberboard over brick?

Thank you folks, I'm hoping someone has an older stove that knows, the manual only shows fiberboard.

Attachments

• baffle.png
    baffle.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 100_1192.JPG
    100_1192.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_1194.JPG
    100_1194.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
What kind of firebricks are up there? Light-weight ones? Or standard, heavy firebrick?

Do you think perhaps that someone broke the original baffle and tried to "fix" it by using the firebrick? Or do you believe that is as it came new?

Your best bet would be to contact napoleon. I think all the stoves now use the thick fiber baffle and it's an upgrade for the older ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.